2015 favorites – makeup edition
I swear, the cold makes me lazy and unmotivated. Can I please hibernate until the weather gets warmer?? Anyways, I had the photos for this post taken weeks ago, so here it is – my makeup favorites from 2o15!
As with the 2015 skincare favorites, I only chose products that I’ve used for at least a couple months and really love. That means there won’t be a product in every category, so if anyone has a mascara recommendation for short straight Asian lashes, please let me know!!
- Urban Decay Naked Palette – No matter how many new eyeshadows I buy, I always find myself going back to this one. The neutral shades are perfect for creating day and night looks, and the powders are super pigmented and blend beautifully together. Despite its size, it’s a must-have when I travel because it’s just so versatile.
- Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner – A salesperson at Sephora recommended this to me, and I was shocked by how much I loved this liner. The self-sharpening aspect is genius, but the best part is how smudge-proof this is on my oily lids. I actually finished the black one and am using the brown one, and I love + will definitely be repurchasing both.
- Beautyblender – When I first started wearing foundation, the beautyblender was my applicator of choice. Then I started using my fingers, then a buffing brush, and now I’m back to using a beautyblender because it gives the best results by far. There are no streak marks, no cakiness, no creasing, just a flawless second-skin finish.
- Missha Style Perfect Eyebrow Styler – I love how easy this is to use, and how natural yet full it makes my brows look. I have pretty thin brows, so filling them in is a must. I used to use a powder, but this is just 1000x better, and it’s only $7!
- YSL Touche Eclat Foundation – I raved about this foundation a while ago, so are you really surprised to see it here? This + the beautyblender = incredible skin. I kid you not.
- Laura Mercier Hydrating Foundation Primer – If you follow this blog, you’ll know that I talk about this a lot. But seriously, this primer has made such a difference in my foundation application that I can’t go back to not using it. Love this stuff.
- Klairs Creamy & Natural Fit Concealer – I reviewed this a while ago and honestly the more I use it the more I fall in love with it. It covers my dark spots incredibly well, has a pleasantly creamy texture, and gives a very natural finish. By far one of the best concealers I’ve used.
- YSL Volupte Tint-in-Oil (#6, #8) – I may have a slight obsession with YSL lip products, but they make my lips look so darn good! You know I love their lipsticks, but I love these tint-in-oils even more. The color, shine, and moisture payoff is just incredible, and I wished they had these in more colors!
Anyways, let me know if you would like in-depth reviews for any of these products, or if you have any questions about them! Have a great week!