I, like most beauty bloggers out there, am not a professional when it comes to skincare. In other words, I’m not a dermatologist, I didn’t go to medical school, nor do I have a bio/chemistry degree. But with diligent research and trial and error using my own skin (bless it for putting up with me), I share my findings of what works and doesn’t work for me on this blog.
As a result, I don’t guarantee 100% absolute accuracy in all my posts, and what has worked for me will not always work for you.
Skincare by nature is very subjective, so it’d be impossible for me to review products without having my own biases regarding the usage experience. Unless you have the same biases (eg. prefers fragranced products or a certain finish), take those opinions as nothing more than my personal preferences. However I assure you that my reviews are always honest and my analysis of ingredients objective. If I find research supporting an ingredient’s claims, I will list those out, and vice versa.
In my reviews I like to look at the whole picture, which includes the brand itself. This is another part of the review that will be subjective, as I may feel strongly about a certain brand based on their ethos, customer service, or even their marketing tactics. You don’t need to agree with my opinions, but I believe that to make an informed purchasing decision awareness + knowledge are key.
The content of this site, unless otherwise started, are all created by me, no distribution of it is allowed without permission and credit. That means no copying-and-pasting, no hot-linking of images, and no rewriting the content pretending it’s yours. This site is under the protection of the Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. But feel free to link back to my posts you find helpful, and if you do, let me know so I can send some love your way!
Sponsorships & Affiliate Links
Unless otherwise mentioned, all products/services mentioned on the blog have been purchased with my own money. I don’t get any money or kickbacks for providing these posts or reviews, I do it because it’s fun and I have a lot of opinions.
Occasionally brands will reach out and provide free products for me to try, and in return I will share my detailed and 100% honest review on the blog. These sponsorships are always disclosed at the bottom of the post, clearly listing out what I received (free product, monetary compensation, or both) in return for the sponsorship.
Affiliate links are used generously on this blog, both in sponsorship and organic posts, and as such they will not be explicitly marked. Each time you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I receive a small commission from the seller in return. I do my best to research the lowest price of the product possible and provide those links in my posts, but you are no obligated to click on them in any way. Furthermore, making a purchase from an affiliate link won’t cost you anything extra (the seller is the one paying me!), so each click is much appreciated as it helps pay for the hosting of this blog.
Disclosure Policy Breakdown
- This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact jenny at geekyposh.com.
- This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
- This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
- The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
- This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
- This blog uses affiliate links, and clicking on or purchasing via an affiliate link may result in commissions for this blog.
This document was last updated on May 17, 2018