Being 100% transparent across my content is of utmost importance to me. The number one one goal of my blog will always be to provide you my honest opinions on the topic discussed, regardless of any compensation received. Please read the following for more information on my review policies
Beauty & Skincare reviews
Skincare by nature is very subjective, so it’d be impossible for me to review products without having my own biases regarding the usage experience. Unless you have the same biases (eg. prefers fragranced products or a certain finish), take those opinions as nothing more than my personal preferences. However I assure you that my reviews are always honest and my analysis of ingredients objective. If I find research supporting an ingredient’s claims, I will list those out, and likewise if there is limited data to back up those claims, I will be forthcoming as well.
In my reviews I like to look at the whole picture, which includes the brand itself. This is another part of the review that will be subjective, as I may feel strongly about a certain brand based on their ethos, customer service, or even their marketing tactics. You don’t need to agree with my opinions, but I believe that awareness and knowledge are key to making an informed purchasing decision.
Samples, Sponsorships & Affiliate Links
Unless otherwise mentioned, all products/services mentioned on the blog have been purchased with my own money. I don’t get any money or kickbacks directly for writing these specific posts or reviews, I do it because it’s fun and I have a lot of opinions.
Occasionally brands will reach out and provide free products for me to try, and in return I will share my detailed and 100% honest review on the blog. These samples are always disclosed at the bottom of the post. Once in a while brands will pay me to write a sponsored post, however these are rare as I’m very picky about them and will only agree to work on ones whose values align with the blog and can benefit you, the readers. All sponsored posts will be disclosed at the bottom of the post.
Affiliate links are used generously on this blog, both in sponsorship and organic posts, and as such they will not be explicitly marked. Each time you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I receive a small commission from the seller in return. I do my best to research the lowest price of the product possible and provide those links in my posts, but you are no obligated to click on them in any way. Furthermore, making a purchase from an affiliate link won’t cost you anything extra, so each click is much appreciated as it helps pay for the hosting of this blog.
Disclosure Policy Breakdown
- This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact jenny at geekyposh.com.
- This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
- This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
- The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
- This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
- This blog uses affiliate links, and clicking on or purchasing via an affiliate link may result in commissions for this blog.
This document was last updated on May 17, 2018
Personal Data collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
- Google AdSense – Advertising: Cookies and Usage Data
- Ezoic – Advertising: Cookies and Usage Data
- Google Analytics – Analytics: Cookies and Usage Data
- Mailing list or newsletter – Contacting the User: email address
- WordPress comments – Content commenting: Cookies, email address, first name, last name and website (if provided)
The content of this site, unless otherwise started, are all created by me, no distribution of it is allowed without permission and credit. That means no copying-and-pasting, no reusing my images for any purpose, and no rewriting the content pretending it’s yours. This site is under the protection of the Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. But feel free to link back to my posts you find helpful, and if you do, let me know so I can send some love your way!