- What is it
- A gentle, low-pH, self-foaming cleanser for acne-prone skin
- How I use it
- As my second cleaner at night. 2 pumps is more than enough to cover my face in bubbles.
- Best suited for
- All skin types, especially troubled skin
- Key ingredients
- amino-acid based surfactant (derived from coconuts), salicylic acid, aloe extract, green tea extract (full ingredient list on CosDNA)
- None – no parabens, SLS, or artificial fragrances!
- a faint lemonade scent
- a lovely, albeit somewhat thin foam
- What I love
- Its low-pH (4.5 hallelujah), refreshing scent, and self-foaming abilities. Plus it doesn’t leave my skin feeling dry or tight!
- What I dislike
- I’m still getting the occasional closed comedones, and the foam could be a bit denser
- Size & Price
- $19.98 for 150ml
- Where to buy
Honestly I’m not a fan of packaging, not because it’s ineffective, but it’s just so…basic. Yes call me shallow or a packaging snob but I like my beauty products to look pretty – it’s part of the whole skintertaiment experience people!
Minor packaging complaint aside, this is a solid cleanser. It checks off everything I look for in a cleanser – gentle, low-pH, non-drying, and cleans well. The plant extracts are nice, but I doubt they’ll stay on your skin long enough to make a difference. The Yadah Anti Trouble Bubble Cleanser also contain salicylic acid, which helps clear out our pores and prevent future breakouts, but, the pH level (4.5) is a tad higher than the optimum range (3-4). It doesn’t mean that the salicylic acid is useless, it just means it won’t be as strong, which might be good news for those with sensitive skin.
My second minor complain with this cleanser is the foam density. I was hoping for whipped-cream level foam, you know, like the kind you see in the ads, but nope. Luckily this is an easy fix – I just use 2 pumps (instead of 1) and gently massage that in, focusing on my t-zones. This does not leave my skin feeling dry or tight.
Yadah Anti Trouble Bubble Cleanser
Since using this cleanser there have been no angry pimples, though I still get the occasional closed comedones (little red bumps that aren't inflamed). Overall this cleanser has kept my skin condition stable and the self-foaming factor makes it a delight to use! If you have troubled skin and are looking for a gentle yet effective cleanser, give this one a try!