Tis the season for gift shopping, and the web is full of gift guides for the _____ [fill in the blank]. Of course I didn’t want to feel left out, so I present to you: my cat-inspired holiday gift guide!
To say that I like cats is an understatement. To say I’m a crazy cat lady is pretty much on point – minus the old and single part. I think I speak for all cat lovers when I say this, but holiday gift shopping for us could not be any easier: anything that references cats is awesome. I once received a cat shaped wine stopper for my Secret Santa, and even though I rarely drink wine, I absolutely loved it!
I was browsing the #YahooStyle Gift Guides recently and saw they had a gift guide for cat lovers! Obviously I had to take a look, and I definitely saw a couple items I would love to add to my wishlist :)
Then there were some on there that were just nuts – a $3000+ Prada fur cat bag? Thanks but no thanks! Ironic, because I love cats and I love bags, but those are 2 things that don’t mix well together! To build on Yahoo’s list, here are my picks to what would make a purrfect gift guide for cat lovers and non-cat lovers alike:
- I’m usually pretty frugal when it comes to makeup, but Shu Uemura’s Shupette collection is just too cute! Besides, it’s inspired by Karl Lagerfeld’s cat Choupette, how awesome is that? For a less expensive alternative, check out the Hello Kitty collection at Sephora, which is currently on sale.
- For the fashionista, a cat sweater would be cute (literally) but take it a step up with cat eye eyewear. Or how about some leopard print scarves for the winter?
- Cat inspired paper goods make good gifts for anyone that appreciate cute stationary. Who can say no to cute cat sticky notes or a cat notebook? You don’t need to be a cat lover to love those!
- Cat themed decor pieces or home goods are always safe choices. Any cat loving domestic goddess would appreciate a nice cat coffee book or tea set.
- I put a kitten in there for fun, because the last thing you want is to surprise someone with a pet. But if you know the person is considering a cat and their lifestyle is a good fit, adopting a cat is a win-win situation.
Hope you enjoyed this post and were able to get some gift ideas for the cat lovers in your life :) If you’re gift shopping online, don’t forget to check the retailer’s order-by date to make sure you get your gifts in time. Also, make sure you use a cash back program like Ebates to get some money back. All that gift buying really adds up!
Lastly, there’s still time to enter my Giving Thanks Beauty Giveaway! Winner will be announced on December 24th :)