Tis the season for gift shopping, and the web is full of gift guides for the _____ [fill in the blank]. Of course I didn’t want to feel left out, so I present to you: my cat-inspired holiday gift guide!
To say that I like cats is an understatement. To say I’m a crazy cat lady is pretty much on point – minus the old and single part. I think I speak for all cat lovers when I say this, but holiday gift shopping for us could not be any easier: anything that references cats is awesome. I once received a cat shaped wine stopper for my Secret Santa, and even though I rarely drink wine, I absolutely loved it!
I was browsing the #YahooStyle Gift Guides recently and saw they had a gift guide for cat lovers! Obviously I had to take a look, and I definitely saw a couple items I would love to add to my wishlist :)
Then there were some on there that were just nuts – a $3000+ Prada fur cat bag? Thanks but no thanks! Ironic, because I love cats and I love bags, but those are 2 things that don’t mix well together! To build on Yahoo’s list, here are my picks to what would make a purrfect gift guide for cat lovers and non-cat lovers alike:
- I’m usually pretty frugal when it comes to makeup, but Shu Uemura’s Shupette collection is just too cute! Besides, it’s inspired by Karl Lagerfeld’s cat Choupette, how awesome is that? For a less expensive alternative, check out the Hello Kitty collection at Sephora, which is currently on sale.
- For the fashionista, a cat sweater would be cute (literally) but take it a step up with cat eye eyewear. Or how about some leopard print scarves for the winter?
- Cat inspired paper goods make good gifts for anyone that appreciate cute stationary. Who can say no to cute cat sticky notes or a cat notebook? You don’t need to be a cat lover to love those!
- Cat themed decor pieces or home goods are always safe choices. Any cat loving domestic goddess would appreciate a nice cat coffee book or tea set.
- I put a kitten in there for fun, because the last thing you want is to surprise someone with a pet. But if you know the person is considering a cat and their lifestyle is a good fit, adopting a cat is a win-win situation.
Hope you enjoyed this post and were able to get some gift ideas for the cat lovers in your life :) If you’re gift shopping online, don’t forget to check the retailer’s order-by date to make sure you get your gifts in time. Also, make sure you use a cash back program like Ebates to get some money back. All that gift buying really adds up!