A closer look at Odacité Skincare (and why I’m a big fan)
I think there’s an innate craving in us beauty enthusiasts/bloggers to try lesser known brands in hope of discovering the next greatest thing. It’s like the more mainstream the brand is, the less appeal it has – or maybe this is just me and I’m weird like that. But, this fixation of mine is what lead me to Odacité, and baby, I’m pretty sure I struck gold.
Odacité isn’t an obscure brand by any means, but it was new to me. After perusing through their site and products, what stood out to me was:
- The owner, Valerie Grandury, is a cancer survivor, and her battle was what inspired her to create effective and clean skincare products.
- As such, their products are all cruelty-free and use non-gmo ingredients. You won’t find fillers, parabens, nanoparticles, petrochemicals, PEG, synthetic perfumes, dyes, or phenoxyethanol in their products either.
- How many different options there were for the various skin concerns. You can mix and match to create your perfect skincare cocktail!
I’m not a stickler for green beauty products and I can tolerate the occasional nasties (aka parabens), but it’s nice to know that there are more natural and effective (according the the glowing reviews I read on a few other blogs) alternatives out there. Luckily Odacité makes it very easy for you to sample their products with their discovery kits – they have 4 types: dry/mature, sensitive, tired/dull, oily/combo.
I went with sensitive kit because I liked the included serums, plus my cheeks have been a bit red lately. I also bought their Aloe + Imortelle Treatment Mist (total impulse buy but I love it – full review here), plus each order comes with 3 free samples. My order shipped that afternoon and I received it 3 days later!
Gotta admit, I was a bit dumbfounded by how small each serum was in the discovery kit: 1ml per tube, the same size as the free samples. Luckily, only 1-2 drops were required for it to be effective, so the entire set actually lasted me almost 2 weeks! A quick overview of each serum:
- Sensitive Skin Ca+C (camelina chamomile) – loved this so much I repurchased the full sized product and wrote a review on it.
- Skin Energy Bl+J (blueberry jasmine) – really liked this one as well, my skin felt smoother and brighter while using this, plus it smelled so good! Will repurchase the full-sized product soon.
- Fragile Capillaries Ap+P (apricot palmarosa) – ehh. It’s supposed to reduce the apperances of broken capillaries and calm the skin, but I didn’t notice any effects. Will not repurchase.
- Vital Glow CaR (wild carrot) – ehh again. This one felt heavy, even with just 1-2 drops, and I didn’t particularly enjoy the scent.
The discovery kit also included a sample of their Oléosomes Time Release Delivery Crème, a lovely moisturizer with great ingredients. It took just a pea-sized amount + 1-2 drops of the serum to moisturize my face, and while it left a shiny finish, my skin felt so soft and plump. Even my husband noticed and said my skin looked great, and giiirrrll, you know it’s kinda a big deal when guys notice because they’re usually as dense as a brick. Will this repurchase the full-size as soon I finish my current moisturizer stash!
I typically don’t repurchase products easily because there are just so many I want to try, but my experience with some of their serums have been so wonderful I couldn’t resist. So if you’re a fan of natural skincare products or are looking for something to boost your routine, definitely check out Odacité’s product range!
Hope you enjoyed this post, and let me know if you’ve tried any of their other products – recommendations are always appreciated!