Some of you probably remember me raving about my Android phone when I first got it, but after a year with it, I’ve decided to join the dark side and get an iPhone (more like force my boyfriend to switch phones with me – he had an iPhone 4) .
As much as I loved my HTC Inspire, there were a couple reasons why I had to let it go:
- Without rooting it, I was stuck with a bunch of bloatware, like the Blockbuster app. Who even uses Blockbuster anymore??
- The lack of well-designed apps. I like my apps to have a sleek UI, and Android apps seem to be an utter fail in that.
- All the cool apps are iPhone only. Example: it took more than a year for Instagram to come to the Android system.
- Too many spammy apps. The Google Market’s non existent quality control means that anyone can create a crummy app and make it available for download.
- The lagging and freezing. The more I used the phone, the worse the situation became, to the point where my boyfriend is always asking “Why is your phone frozen again?” -_-
- The graphics aren’t nearly as nice. For some reason the same image looks much more blurry on my phone than it does on the iPhone.
- Not a main reason, but seriously, why are there no cute cases for my phone? :(
In conclusion, my unrooted Android is the equivalent of the Windows OS for the smartphone. As someone who can’t stand Windows, the iPhone was the clear choice for me. The only reason I didn’t switch sooner was because:
- It was 3x more expensive than my Android.
- Before OSX Mountain Lion, syncing between the iPhone and Mac wasn’t as streamlined.
- My impression of the iOS negatively affected by my old 2nd generation ipod touch -_-
Don’t get me wrong, I still think Android phones are great, and the ability to customize it without rooting is something I’ll miss on my iPhone. In the end, it all comes down to what you’re looking for. Since I’m a sucker for nice graphics and well-designed/interesting apps, iPhone is what I’ll be sticking with from now on :)
Do you have an iPhone or an Android? Will you continue to use stick with what you have or are you looking to switch? Do share!