Weekly Wishes #1: goals and dreams for 2015
I recently came across the Weekly Wishes linkup on The Nectar Collective, and I love the idea of sharing my goals with other bloggers and holding myself accountable. Since 2014 is almost over, I’d like to share my goals for the coming year:
- Spend more quality time with my friends and family. I noticed that when my husband and I eat out, we spend most of the time on our phone rather than conversing with each other. I’d also like to call my parents more often, especially since I only see them once a year at most. Finally, I want to spend more time with Shelly and Cooper – them walking across my laptop while I’m working is probably a sign that I need to work less and play with them more.
- Rebrand my blog. I’ve been blogging since 2002, but never once in the past 12 years have I sat down and gave thought to what my blog was really about. What are my visions and goals for this blog? Who are my target audience? I’ve started creating a business plan for my blog using the prompts from Regina, and I hope to have it all figured out when 2015 comes around. 9 more days!
- Deliver consistent and quality posts. Blogging consistently is something I seriously struggle with, and it has definitely hurt my readership. There were times when I’d go on months without blogging, and then I’d suddenly throw out 3 posts a week. The problem is, those posts were crap (and I knew it!), but I posted them anyway just for the sake of posting.
- Connect with other bloggers I’ve recently started joining in Twitter chats, and I love how I was able to easily meet and connect with other bloggers! I’m hoping to participate more in these chats, but also just being more proactive in commenting on other blogs.
- Launch Posh Pixels, my joint design agency. The order Posh Pixels came about was backwards – first we got our clients, then we decided to create the brand. With all the prep work we’re putting in, my goal is that Posh Pixels won’t be a flop like my previous freelancing businesses.
- Spend time with God everyday. My excuse for not doing my quiet time before was that I didn’t have a good bible study guide. But with the launch of #SheReadsTruth this past year, there really is no excuse anymore.
“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”
Hopefully in a year I can come back and say “MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!“. Fingers crossed! If you’re participating in this linkup do let me know in the comments below – I’d love to return the favor and offer you some encouragement as well! :) Have a great week and a very Merry Christmas!