What’s the easiest and least costly way to update an outfit for the season? Accessories. I’ve never been drawn to bright clothing pieces, as I have difficulty pulling them off, and if you’re like me, you can always add color via your accessories – bags, shoes, jewelry, etc. Today I want to share some of my favorite places to shop for jewelry, as well as what’s on my summer wishlist.
The one thing to keep in mind with costume jewelry shopping is that you need to find a good balance between quality and cost. Yes Forever 21 has some cheap pieces, but that’s exactly what they are: cheap. Not saying you need to spend $$$, but I find generally that $15 – $50 is the sweet spot, and here are some of my favorite places to shop:
- BaubleBar – You know I love my layered collar necklace from here, and trust me, that’s not the only great piece I’ve bought. I love that they frequently have sales and you get points with every purchase. Oh and you get an additional 4% cashback when you shop with eBates. Win!
- Hanuel – This is a small jewelry shop that’s actually based in Maryland (represent!), and I can honestly say that I love 99.9% of their pieces. The styles they carry are more elegant with a modern twist, and the prices are very affordable. I especially love their bilat earring selection!
- Daily Vice – Think of this as the Gilt of jewelry shopping, except it’s exclusive an iPhone app and it features one piece a day. Generally I’ve been very impressed with their daily selections so far, but I’ve been exercising self-restraint and have only bought 2 things so far. 3 more and I get the next one for 50% off!
- Stella & Dot – Their pieces are on the more expensive side, but the quality is worth every penny. Many of their pieces, especially necklaces, can be worn multiple ways so it’s like you’re getting 3 piece for the price of one!
- Braceletworld – If you like to make a statement with your bracelet, it is a really nice store to look into as you can select from a wide selection of dazzling materials and can be personalized as well!
Though I already have some colorful pieces in my collection, I’m looking to add more this summer season. Hope you enjoyed this post, and have a great week!