My room smells like cheesecake!
Ever since I’ve been living on my own, I’ve become obsessed with home decor. But not only do I want my place to look nice, I also want it to smell nice. I considered candles, but then I decided against it:
- I’m stupid with lighters and matches. I always manage to burn myself :/
- I have cats, and quite naughty ones at that
- Cats + burning candles = disaster
So what’s the alternative? Scented wax melts and electric candle warmers of course! My candle warmer is from Scentsy, and I bought some wax melts/tarts from them as well. The scents were nice, though a bit strong in my opinion, and they were expensive. I also tried Yankee Candle’s wax tarts, but those weren’t strong enough, was no way to store them if you wanted to switch scents, and it too big for the warmer.
While searching for some good wax tarts, I cam across Eagle Rock Candle. For $2-$3, you can choose from a wide range of scents and get a brick which contains 6 tarts. My goodness, I’m in love with these! *_*
There are just so many things to love about these wax melts that I don’t even know where to start:
- These are 100% natural soy wax, which is much better for you than paraffin wax
- There are 50+ scents to choose from, and they are adding more each month
- One tart lasts a LONG time. I still haven’t burned through one yet.
- The scents are divine, and just the right intensity
My favorite scents so far from Eagle Rock Candle are their cheesecake scents. It smells so delicious, just like real cheesecake! I have one burning in my living room in my candle warmer, and one sitting in a tray by my window in my room.
Letting your wax tarts sit on a tray by a sunny windowsill only works with soy wax. This is because the melting point for soy wax is lower, so when it doesn’t take much heat for soy wax tarts to start releasing its scent :) All in all, I highly recommend Eagle Rock Candle if you’re looking for an alternative to candles. They offer free (and super fast) shipping for all purchases.
Do you like using candles or wax melts? I’d love to hear your experiences with them!