I was away this weekend in NYC with my boyfriend, his roommate, and his roommate’s girlfriend, and let’s just say that our getaway did not go as planned…in an interesting way. I barely got any sleep during the trip, thanks to all the crazy things that went down, so I ended up embarrassing myself in a web conference with my coworkers. But back to the trip, let’s just say that there were many lessons learned:
- Always bring a GPS with you, even if you think you know the way. You never know when you need to make a sudden detour to Hoboken to pick up your drunk girlfriend.
- 99% of fashion industry is superficial, so don’t trust your coworker, especially drunken coworkers. You might end up in Hoboken with a 36-year old drunkard trying to stick his tongue down your throat even though he knows you have a boyfriend.
- Don’t trust dogs with your belongings. They will rip your favorite dress to shreds and slobber all over your favorite stuffed animal.
- Getting wasted in Hoboken with a stranger while still living with your parents and on the day your friends are coming to stay over = TERRIBLE idea.
- Due to the above reasons, I now equivalate Hoboken = a place of drunkeness.
- Anything cumin flavored does NOT make a good salad dressing. Ever.
- Don’t try to use the bathroom after the World Cup game, because everyone will be trying to use the bathroom. And the fact that many NYC restaurants have unisex bathrooms doesn’t help at all.
- The girls pwned the boys in Titanic[2. The drinking game, played with beer and soju. You put a small shot glass in a mug of beer and people take turns pouring soju into the shot glass. Whoever sinks the shot glass has to drink everything.], with them drinking twice as much as we did.
- Don’t talk to random strangers, especially shady looking 40 year-old men, in bars. They usually turn out to be mad sketchy and douchey.
- Especially don’t accept alcohol challenges from those strangers. A 75% bourbon tastes like ass, burns like hell, and will mess you up.
- Listen to your girlfriends when they tell you the bourbon challenge is stupid.
- Throwing up in public transportation = not cool. Being next to someone who threw up in public transportation = not cool AND disgusting.
- The bourbon challenge is stupid. The d-bag that bought my boyfriend and his roommate those shots is even more stupid.
- Toy Story 3 was amazing. I officially love Ken and Buzz Lightyear in Spanish mode :D