An anniversary is always worth celebrating. Not everyone can stick with their partner for years to celebrate their 1st, 5th, or 10th year together. If your anniversary is coming up, surprise your partner with an anniversary ring. This is a great and unique gift that commemorates the years you’ve spent with your significant other.
Both men’s and women’s anniversary rings can be purchased almost anywhere today, whether from a local business or an online store. That said, the following tips can serve as a guide when you’re looking for the perfect anniversary ring:
1. Start By Selecting The Ring Style And Design
You’ll have a lot of anniversary rings to choose from today. The market is filled with this piece of jewelry, making it challenging for you to find the perfect one. Narrow down your search by considering the ring style and design first. Sure, anniversary rings are worn to celebrate a couple’s anniversary, but every couple has unique lifestyles and design preferences.
When selecting the ring style and design for your anniversary ring, the following tips can come in handy:
- When choosing an anniversary ring with big stones such as huge diamonds, make sure that it’s made from high-quality materials. Since large stones are very visible, any flaw can be noticeable. You wouldn’t want anyone, especially your partner, to think that you got a cheap and substandard anniversary ring.
- If you’re always looking for jewelry travel tips to ensure the safety of your jewelry, an anniversary ring with a small stone might be a more suitable option for you. Aside from being easy to carry and maintain, anniversary rings with small stones are also cheaper than jewelry with larger stones. You’ll be at ease knowing that you’re not carrying jewelry worth millions when traveling.
- If you’re eyeing to buy an anniversary ring that features both small and big stones, make sure that the small stones are not too small that they get overshadowed by the large stone. The color quality grade of the side stones of your anniversary ring should complement the tone of the center stone as well.
2. Check The Quality Of The Diamonds
The diamonds on your anniversary ring can speak a lot about your personality. Since diamonds are associated with luxury, romance, and wealth, using an anniversary ring with high-quality diamonds can be a status symbol.
To ensure that you’ll end up buying a diamond anniversary ring that’s worth every dollar, pay attention to the following characteristics:
- Color: Diamonds either come in a yellow tint or are colorless. However, this doesn’t mean that one color is more expensive than the other. When choosing between the two, it’s best if you buy an anniversary ring that has a colorless diamond. Colorless diamonds allow the light to shine through it, so other visible hues won’t affect its appearance.
- Clarity: Clarity is the number and size of visible flaws of the diamond. These flaws can be seen on the surface or inside of the stone. When choosing a diamond anniversary ring, make sure that the flaws aren’t readily visible to the naked eye. Buying a diamond that has attained its optimal clarity level can require you to spend more.
- Carat: Carat talks about the weight of the stone and this usually varies depending on the design of the anniversary ring. Determining how many carats your anniversary ring should have is up to your preference. If you want to buy an anniversary ring with a bigger stone, prepare a bigger budget.
3. Choose An Anniversary Band Based On Tradition
While some couples like to hop on any bandwagon, others are happier to follow the tradition. If you’re one of the latter, consider choosing an anniversary band that has stones symbolizing the number of years you and your partner have been together. After all, there isn’t a set-in-stone rule when it comes to buying an anniversary ring.
Here are some suggestions to help you find the perfect anniversary ring:
- Year 1: An anniversary ring with yellow or white gold is an excellent option.
- Year 5: Your marriage wouldn’t last for five years if loyalty and honesty weren’t present in the relationship. Sapphires were traditionally used to symbolize these traits, so make sure to get an anniversary ring with this stone.
- Year 10: Because of its brilliant sparkle and supreme hardness, diamond anniversary rings are suitable for couples who are celebrating their 10th year anniversary. Just like the stone, being together for ten years can symbolize how strong your marriage is.
Your Budget Counts
Before heading out to look for the perfect anniversary ring, it’s important that you create a budget for the purchase. Buying an expensive anniversary ring that is way out of your budget isn’t a smart decision. Instead, look for an anniversary ring that suits your budget to ensure that you and your partner will not face any financial issues in the future. If you have been together for years, your partner will always love what you’ll give them!