I love glowy makeup year-round but in the summertime I’m especially channeling that glazed donut glow. Today I’m sharing my makeup picks to get your skin glistening from head to toe!
Personally I follow the rules less is more, especially in the summer. The last thing I need is all those layers melting off in the heat, not to mention it feels comfortable.
- Apply the VDL Lumilayer Primer on my cheekbones, t-zone, chin, and under my brows. This gives the skin an opalescent, almost ethereal glow.
- Pat the YSL Touche Eclat Cushion (B20) on my nose and cheeks to cover my pores and dark spots. I reviewed this foundation here, and it’s still my favorite for a glowy look.
The skin is the main highlight of this look, so I want to keep the eyes simple. Following my usual priming with the Smashbox 24 Hour Eyeshadow Primer, I use either my fingers or Hakuhodo J5523 Eye Shadow Brush (reviewed here) to apply a single shimmery shadow:
- CLIO Prism Air Shadow (#16 Coral, #17 Copper) – Has a soft almost spongy texture and one swipe gives a light wash of color with fine shimmers. The finish is just as beautiful as my Tom Ford shimmers, but it’s best applied with fingers.
- Etude House Look At My Eyes (BK806) – Super glittery for when I’m in an extra blingy mood. This shade is a bit cooler than the rest but still compliments warm skin tones well.
- Holika Holika Sparkly Smokey Shadow (#4 Sparkling Mars) – This one has the finest shimmers of the bunch and a almost a dewy finish, great if you like the wet lid look without having to use gloss.
- Marc Jacobs See-quins Glam Glitter Eyeshadow (#Gleam Girl – discontinued) – The most expensive and glittery of the 4 and wears beautifully alone or on top of other eyeshadows.
Becca sent me two items from their new Glow collection and I’ve been incorporating both into my looks:
- Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter in Champagne Pop* – The shade isn’t new, just the packaging, which I don’t particularly love. But the highlighter itself is beautiful, with fine shimmers that give you a mega-watt glow. I also have the shade Moonstone which is more subtle, so I prefer Champagne Pop when I really want to glisten.
- Glow Body Stick* – This smells so yummy! I use it generously on my arms, legs, and décolletage, but I also dab a bit on my cupid’s bow and the top of my cheekbones for that extra glow. It does contain glitter, but you don’t get major chunks unless you really layer this on.
Setting makeup in hot weather is a must, but I usually avoid powder since that can eat up some of the glow. Instead I use a makeup mist for that extra layer of dewiness.
- Pixi Glow Mist* – True to its name, this one gives me the glowiest finish and it’s the most affordable. Can also double as a facial mist in your skincare routine, but something in this breaks me out :(
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir* – Reviewed on Instagram, I’m not a fan of its ingredients for skincare but it works beautifully over makeup. The super fine mist gives me my favorite finish – radiant with a hint of glow.
- Lilah B. Aglow Face Mist* – The finish of this is similar to Caudalie’s, except the mist is nowhere as fine, so I have to spray at a distance to not end up with water droplets running down my face.
What’s a makeup post without a finished look? Still practicing how to take selfies so bear with me!
Do you prefer a glowy or matte finish? What are your makeup picks for the summer?