Fall fashion essentials
Hello y’all! I know it’s been forever since I last posted, but house hunting has been taking up more time than I expected! Good news is, I found a great new place and the contract has already been signed :D Bad news, the loan approval process is a pain in the butt D: Will post more details when everything gets settled!
I’ve been meaning to do a post on my fall fashion essentials way back in September, but better late than never, right?
Marshall’s was kind enough to send me a $100 gift card so I can checkout the styles they have in store this fall. For those of you that haven’t heard of Marshall’s, it’s a discount chain that offers brand name fashion, accessories, and home decor at affordable prices. Even before they sent me the gift card, I was shopping there regularly because the value you get is such fantastic.
This fall I definitely wanted to experiment with color and fabric. I usually prefer neutrals and light colors, which are great, but can get boring:
- I decided to pick up a pair bold red of Guess heels to add some oomph to my look :) It’s the exact same pair in those photos, but I got mine for $23.
- Leather jackets are a must. They add edge, define your shape, and they’re surprisingly warm! I scored a similar jacket for only $50!
- I also picked up a couple fun tops, like the sequined one in the photo. It brings fun and dimension to an otherwise flat outfit, and only for $12 each.
- Orange is big for the fall, and if you don’t want to wear orange tops or pants, accessorize with an orange bag instead. If you’re lucky, you can find a couple of Michael Kors bags in Marshall’s for half the price!
- Though I usually wear silver jewelry, gold is the way to go this fall! It compliments richer, jewel-toned colors better than silver.
Hope everyone has a great Halloween, and for those of you in areas still affected by Sandy, stay safe!