How many makeup products do you use daily? The higher the number, the greater is the risk of exposure to harmful and toxic chemicals present in several products. If you wear makeup regularly, you can associate makeup with a few things: unnecessary volumes of packaging, buckets of chemicals, and beauty trends that support buying and throwing away.
For women who like makeup and do it every day, but want to maintain a zero-waste lifestyle, the eco-friendly idea of zero waste makeup could be a tough job.
But multiple innovative brands out there promote the fact that you can go waste-free and wear sexy makeup simultaneously.
Read on to find out what zero waste makeup entails.
There are plenty of zero waste guidelines, but this article will focus on the makeup sector. However, keep in mind that there are some zero waste strategies you can already implement:
1. Customers should avoid or reduce purchasing makeup, Deo, or any product with wasteful packaging. That’s a strategy that can help control wastage as demand reduces for all the wasteful makeup products.
2. Customers should evade purchasing all plastic bottled makeup products because this also helps reduce toxins in the environment and our lives in general.
3. When shopping for your makeup accessories, you should streamline your shopping list, and this will also help you buy only the makeup products that matter.
That’s how you cultivate this zero waste makeup lifestyle, and that’s how you attain the goal of doing the most with what you have and maximizing resources.
Here Are Some Principles Associated With Zero-Waste Makeup
Firstly, you will prevent unwanted items from coming straight to your doorstep when you refuse unnecessary makeup kits. That’s a principle that commonly relates to plastic makeup bottles etc.
Secondly, when you reduce the makeup items that you don’t use, you will reduce overall waste.
Thirdly, when you learn how to reuse your used makeup kits or deodorant bottles, you will contribute positively to the general zero waste management. You can always reuse some deodorant bottles for refilling the next time you need your designer spray or matte foundation. You can also reuse these packaging materials by swapping them for reusable items.
You can save resources and rescue them from the wastage steam by recycling. Once makeup customers start recycling their packaging materials, they will prevent them from ending up in landfills.
Lastly, if some makeup packaging is compostable, ensure that it rots! Some paper pieces like makeup receipts, wooden face brushes, etc., can rot. These materials give returns to the earth as nutrients through fiber, etc.
Keep in mind that a zero-waste makeup lifestyle starts once you look at your old habits and change the products that generate waste. Below are some guidelines that answer the question of what is zero waste makeup? Read on to find out more!
What Is Zero Waste Makeup?
Switching to cosmetics that come in some non-compostable packaging is all that zero waste makeup entails. Environmentally friendly products are also part of this zero waste movement, whether it’s cosmetics, deodorant, shampoos or conditioners, etc., including beauty products.
Nowadays, many visionary beauty companies are paving the way by producing eco-friendly products and packaging materials. There are some beauty products nowadays with refillable options, among other environmentally friendly means.
You can also make your makeup routine zero waste through several practices. These practices will give you the answer to what is zero waste makeup lifestyle;
· You should confine all your products to the makeup products purchased in bulk from the local beauty shops.
· You should also substitute edible ingredient oils for moisturizers. Some of the best eco-friendly cosmetics include aloe Vera products, Jojoba oils, etc.
· Use or purchase glass bottle-make-up cosmetics because You can recycle them efficiently.
· When buying all your care or beauty products, ensure that they are eco-friendly. If possible, buy only recyclable beauty products to reduce landfills and contribute positively to our environment.
· When watching your hygiene consider eliminating plastics, especially some products like toothbrushes, which play a role in giving us an oral glow; considering that many toothbrushes are made of plastic and replaced once in a while, imagine the global damage they can cause annually. You can try natural means of cleaning up teeth, like using baking soda than toothpaste.
· Some alternative zero waste and Eco-friendly conditioners are in the market nowadays as well as some shaving creams. All these beauty products are essential for makeup, and customers should consider this factor when buying.
· The same strategy of zero waste makeup lifestyle is applicable when you add buying menstrual products. To feel great about your womanhood and confidence as you conserve the environment is also a great thing. Here’s where some eco-friendly menstrual products such as washable pads come in handy.
For Facial Makeovers, you can find some Fantastic Zero Waste Makeup Brands
One of the best zero waste products you can use to glamour your face is the elate cosmetics. These are zero waste beauty products with bamboo packaging and a refillable Tin. The product had natural ingredients. It’s plastic-free; all these benefits are available at a low price of five dollars; what’s better than using organic beauty products and walking the talk!
Secondly, another renowned zero waste beauty product is ILIA brands, especially their mascara. This is also a tremendous Eco-friendly makeup brand with a wide variety of beauty products.
Also, axiology is a standard zero waste makeup product renowned for its recyclable lipstick tubes, and it’s cruelty-free! The brand is also affordable, with a range of up to thirty dollars.
The other best makeup product is the same brand of cosmetics. These products are available in recyclable and decorative containers. These products are also affordable and available at a price of between five to thirty dollars, depending on customers’ preferences. These products are also safe to use on the face, among other advantages.
Lastly, Ladies can use other excellent zero waste makeup products like Alina pure organic products, clean-faced cosmetics, and eco tools. These make the best zero waste foundations, concealers, and mascaras in the global makeup markets.
Some other common zero waste makeup products like Noto Botanics are packed in biodegradable packages.
All these products are the best for skincare routines, and they bring out the glow in ladies! If you want to know more about the zero waste movement, you should also take a look at this article.