Ever since I started noticing the fine lines near my eyes, I’ve been on the hunt for new anti-aging skin care products (yes, I’m at that age where this stuff is now relevant) to add to my routine. After much researching and reading, I’ve decided that Korean skin care products are the way to go.
I’ve always preferred Asian skin care products over Western ones because in general, they fit my skin care needs and offer better value for the price. This is true for Korean skin care products as well, and I love that they incorporate the latest and greatest ingredients, without costing an arm and a leg. Here are some of my favorites that I’d love to try:
- Skinfood Black Sugar Mask – It’s more of an exfoliant/scrub than a mask, but I love how it’s made of black sugar which dissolves as you massage your skin. The general blogger consensus is that this is awesome, and it’s less than $10!
- Missha Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence – A much more affordable, and some claim event better, dupe for the “miracle water” SK-II Facial Treatment Essence. I’m using the SK-II Essence right now so I’m excited to see how MISSHA’s will compare.
- IOPE Bio Essence Intense Conditioning – Another affordable dupe for the SK-II Essence, this one promises visible results within 3 days. It is more expensive than MISSHA’s though.
- Ciracle Pore Control Blackhead Off Sheet – Traditional nose strips have done nothing for my blackheads, but the reviews for this was pretty positive. I’ve ordered this already and can’t wait to try it out!
- Benton Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream – I loved the original SteamCream, so the thought of one with potent ingredients like snail mucin and bee venom made this a must have for me. Can’t wait to try it out!
- Skinfood Rice Mask – Yes I’m obsessed with masks, but I love how this one contains skin brightening properties. And it’s so affordable!
- Missha Time Revolution Night Repair Ampoule – In the US you just have serum, but in Korean skin care there’s essence > serum > ampoule, which differ in their concentration of active ingredients. This Missha ampoule is raved to be a better and more affordable dupe of the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum.
- Sulwhasoo Overnight Vitalizing Mask – You apply this as the last step in your night time skin care routine, and people have raved about how they woke up with brighter, softer, and smoother skin. Apparently this mask works friggin’ miracles!
- The Face Shop Lovely ME:EX Mini Pet Perfume Hand Cream – Ok, I know I’m a sucker for good packaging, but just how cute are these hand creams?? Why can’t they make cute hand creams like this in the US?
- Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner – I love that this toner contains a bunch of beneficial ingredients, no alcohol, and can balance your skin’s PH level! I can’t wait until I finish my current toner so I can switch to this one.
- Banila Co. Clean It Zero – A very important aspect of Korean skin care is double cleaning, where you remove your makeup with a balm or an oil, and then clean your face again with a gentle face wash. I love my DHC Deep Cleaning Oil, but all the hype about this makes me really want to try it out.
I’ve ordered several of these products from eBay already and am so excited to incorporate them into my skin care routine! If you’ve used any of these products, or have other Korean (or Asian, I don’t discriminate) skin care products you love, do share in the comments below!