For those not familiar with Wishtrend, it’s a global K-beauty retailer that carries well-known brands like Klairs, I’m From, and Cosrx, as well as their own in-house brand, By Wishtrend. Prices are reasonable, plus they offer free worldwide shipping for orders $60+.
They might not have the largest selection of brands, but what they lack in quantity they make up for detailed information on each product: ingredients, directions, pH levels (so important for cleanser!), cruelty-free/vegan-free status and pretty much everything you’d want to know.
Black Friday 2020 Deals
- Starts November 23rd – 29th
- Deals up to 45% off!
- Use code GOODSKINAHEAD for 20% off $300
- Get $5 off your first order with code 144278101
- If you plan on purchasing multiple items I highly recommend checking out their bundled sets for the best value (35% to 50% off)
My Wishtrend Picks
Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop
Reviewed here. One of my favorite serums thanks to its simple but effective ingredients. A few drops of this in my routine makes a noticeable difference to my overall skin health and I’ve lost count of the bottles I’ve repurchased. Plus it’s super light, making it perfect for layering and all skin types.
→ $21 for 20ml when purchased individually, but also available in 2 Step Delay Aging Set (35% off), 2 Step Recovery Set (35% off), Double Anti-Aging Serum Recipe (45% off), Youthful Aging Skincare Box (50% off), and Simple Anti-Aging Recipe (45% off)
Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner
Still one of the most hydrating toners I’ve tried to date, it’s also full of skin-soothing ingredients like panthenol and centella asiatica. I love layering this on my skin when it’s feeling parched, and it never feels heavy or sticky. It does contain a bit of essential oils, however I’ve never found this sensitizing, and overall prefer it to the eo-free version which I found less hydrating.
→ $15.4 for 180ml when purchased individually, but also available in the 2 Step Basic Soothing Set (35% off), DIY Cream Sheet Mask Recipe (45% off), Freshly Juiced Brightening Package (45% off), Deep Cleansing Package (45% off), Moist Glow Package (45% off), Total Care Kit for Acne-prone and Sensitive Skin (50% off), 30 Days Skin Transformation Kit (50% off), Angry Skin Calming Package (45% off), and Rich Moist Package (45% off).
Klairs Fundamental Ampule Mist*
If you prefer mists over toners, you won’t be disappointed with this one! It uses a base of green tea water with a mix of antioxidants and humectants to gently hydrate your skin. The mist is fine and not sticky, and if you have dry skin you’ll enjoy layering this between each skincare step. I find this to be more hydrating that most oil-free mists but still lighter than bi-phase ones, and has been my go-to this fall season!
I’m From Honey Mask
One of my favorite wash-off masks that I repurchase every Black Friday. It’s got 46.44g of honey, which is excellent antioxidant that also deeply nourishes the skin. If you have dry skin or easily irritated skin, this mask is a must have in your stash. Not only does your skin feel deeply moisturized afterwards, but it smells and feels just like real honey, making the usage experience a joy too!
I’m From Mugwort Mask*
Another excellent mask from the brand, this one is gel mask with 2.1% Mugwort which can help soothe the skin. I love using this one when my skin is looking a little red after a strong exfoliant – the cooling texture feels really nice on the skin, and after washing it off the redness is gone and my skin feels calmer. Of all the products from their Mugwort line, this is my favorite and most effective imo.
I’m From Rice Toner*
Guys the hype for this toner is real. Made with 77.8% rice extract, this is a toner + emulsion hybrid that’s deeply moisturizing yet not heavy or sticky. It reminds me of my favorite Laneige Cream Skin Refiner, but even lighter and with better ingredients like niacinamide and some soothing botanical extracts. If you have oily skin and find the Laneige a bit sticky or basic, this is a must try.
→ $16.4 for 150ml when purchased individually, but also available in the Rice Glow Set (45% off), Rejuvenating Trio Set (45% off), Correcting Post Acne Pigmentation Clearing Kit (50% off), and Youthful Aging Skincare Box (50% off).
While not top tier picks, there are a few more Wishtrend products that I do think are still good and are worth trying out:
- Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream – Reviewed here. This was my go-to for soothing irritated skin, but the La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 has since dethroned it. It’s still a lovely calming treatment though, and I know many swear by it.
- Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin E Mask* – Reviewed here. This gave my skin such an incredible glow in the summer time, but sadly it’s not rich enough for my dryer fall/winter skin. If you have combo/oily skin types you’ll really enjoy this.
- I’m From Mugwort Essence* – Made from a single ingredient, this is a super gently and surprisingly hydrating essence to calm the skin. It’s not quite as effective as the mask imo, and Missha has a similar essence that’s better rated.
While I didn’t particularly love these products and wouldn’t recommend them, I don’t think they’re objectively bad products either:
- I’m From Fig Boosting Essence, Scrub Mask, Cleansing Balm* smell great (like bubble tea!) and left a great first impression, but long term results were…just ok. I actually found the cleansing balm drying too. Review here.
- Rovectin Conditioning Cleanser* – Gentle, low ph, honestly a pretty good cleanser actually, but with so many options available, this one just didn’t stand out for me. Also it has a faint plastic scent which I don’t like.
- Rovectin Activating Treatment Lotion* – A hydrating and thicc toner with good ingredients. Again, a good product, but nothing about it wowed me. I much prefer the Klairs or I’m From Rice Toner instead.
What to avoid
No matter how amazing the brand, there’s always going to be that one product (at least) that makes you go: wtf were they thinking? Anyways, I wouldn’t go near these with a 10-foot pole:
- Klairs Gentle Black Deep Cleansing Oil* – It smells lovely but it doesn’t emulsify as well as I’d like and leaves a film on the skin.
- Klairs Mid Day Blue UV Shield* – Minimal white cast and elegant texture, but my god is it drying. Could be good for oily skin types in humid climates.
- Rovectin Aqua Soothing UV Protector* – Another elegant mineral sunscreen but this has a white cast AND pills like crazy.
- By Wishtrend Green Tea & Enzyme Powder Wash* – Wanted to love this because hello green tea, but the pH is way too high (7) and it was incredibly drying.
- COSRX Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask and Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask – I don’t get the hype about these, they’re just very basic gel moisturizers that made absolutely no difference to my skin. Also the honey one doesn’t even contain honey!
Hope you found this list helpful, and if you have any questions about specific products listed (or not listed) here, just let me know!