The old title of this post was “Ann Taylor – new favorite place to shop”, but since 11/10, that is no longer the case. I’ll be fair and say I still like their clothes, but I’d rather Shelly stick her claws up my behind then deal with their atrocious customer service.
On 10/11, I placed an order for 3 items, 2 of which were shipped on 10/12. I understand that sometimes items get shipped separately due to low inventory, so I’m ok with that. On 10/28, I got an email saying the last item shipped, and I noticed that my credit card was then charged for the item. Now the fun begins.
- I waited over a week for this last item to deliver, but it never did. Finally on 11/09, I decided to check the tracking number, and to my shock, the item never shipped. So why was my credit card charged then?
- After chatting with a support rep online, it turns out the item is out of stock in my size, so that’s why it never shipped. So you’re telling me, from 10/11 till 11/09, the item has been out of stock, yet you never bothered notifying me the customer about it?? What’s worse, they even had the audacity to lie and tell me it shipped, then charge my credit card, for something that is OUT OF STOCK.
- After expressing my displeasure, the chat rep said I could call to place an order for the same item in a different size, and they would honor my original 50% discount and give me free next day shipping, I just needed to give them a reference number. Fine. I really liked that sweater, so I’ll put up with all this nonsense.
- Called the order line, and the sales rep there said she had no record of my reference number, nor would she honor the free next day shipping the chat rep promised me. WTF. She said she could do free 3-day shipping, which meant I would have to wait until 11/15 to get my order. How do you tell a customer to keep waiting when you’re the one who scewed up in the first place? Either that, or the awful chat rep lied just to make me go away, but that’s just as bad, if not worse.
- I told the sales rep to forget it, and I’m never shopping with them again. I don’t have time to deal with this kind of bs.
So do you honestly think I’m going to be giving them anymore of my business after this fiasco? I don’t care how good their clothes look or how affordable they are, I’m not going to be giving them a penny if they can’t treat their customers decently.
With that said, I’ll be taking my business back to Express, who’s never failed to impress me with their customer service.