Women of all ages love handbags. They are fashionable, functional, and come in various sizes and colors, making them the perfect accessory to complement an outfit. There are multiple handbags, such as shoulder bags, satchels, tote bags, messenger bags, etc., where each type has its unique functionality.
Handbags can also be separated based on how they are made: handmade or machine-made. People love handmade bags for many reasons. Firstly, they look unique and stylish. Also, they often comprise recycled materials, making them environmentally friendly. Since there are no factories or machines involved, they also cause little to no pollution. Handmade or hand woven handbags are hence a stylish and sustainable choice.
Given below are the various kinds of handmade bags available in the market that are also eco-friendly.
1. Beaded bags – Beads of different colors are strung together to create multiple items. Bags are one of the items you can get when looking for beaded products. If you wish to get something attractive, opt for a bag with beaded handles and bright colors.
2. Basket bags- As the name suggests, these bags are generally wider and come with just one compartment so that you can keep everything in one section. They are made from natural tree fibers, making them eco-friendly. Some bags are even waterproof. Basket bags are considered the perfect example of hand-woven handbags.
3. Leather Bags: Handmade leather bags showcase elegance. Whether you buy a women’s handbag or a men’s wallet, they are often well-crafted and look regal. Crossbody leather bags, sling bags, and other types of leather bags have been in trend for a long time. Though some people may avoid natural leather, synthetic leather bags are also equally stylish and available in different patterns, styles, and colors. Leather bags are very stylish, but they also require regular maintenance and cleaning to ensure they look good.
4. Denim Bags: When it comes to handbags, some people love denim bags for their jean-type patterns. The bags are primarily available in oval, rectangle, and square shapes and come with buttons or a zip. They make an excellent accessory for a party, a casual meet up or even a date. They are durable and ideal for rough use. Just like jeans clothing, they are washable and don’t fade easily. These stylish handmade denim bags look stunning when paired with the proper attire.
5. Quilted Bags: Did you ever think you will carry a bag made of the same material that keeps you warm and cozy on winter nights? Staying true to their name, they are soft and give you a snuggly feeling. Usually, they feature a criss-cross or checkered stitching and can be found in various styles.
6. Woolen Bags: In winter, grandma’s knitted sweaters are a must for every child. Similarly, knitted woolen hand-woven handbags are also a must-have in your collection. Knitted woolen bags can be found in several colors and handmade with maze-like knits, making them suitable for kids or adults alike. Crochet woolen purses or sling bags can make a style statement if you pair them up with your winter wear.
7. Crystal Bags: Do not be under the impression that all crystal bags are made of genuine gemstones. These crystal bags comprise artificial stones embedded on a piece of cloth. Since they are not actual crystals, these bags are relatively more affordable. Crystal clutches and Indian-style potli bags have stylish hand-woven crystals, making them look elegant and classy.
8. Bamboo Bags: Bamboo as a fabric is very durable, light, and eco-friendly. People have been using bamboo baskets, bassinets, and much more, but now, bamboo bags are growing in popularity. They come in various styles and are handmade to suit different needs. Bamboo-based tote bags, sling bags, purses, Moses bags, and clutches are intricately woven and are unique. These hand-woven handbags easily go with any dress for various occasions.
Bags are a vital accessory in any closet, and adding hand-woven bags to your collection cannot go wrong.
Hand-woven handbags are made by skillful workers who work hard to weave them into existence. By purchasing handmade bags, you help out several people indirectly and also contribute to saving the environment.