Being a mom is a beautiful thing. This is an exciting time of your life that comes with a ton of changes, the least of which is how to incorporate work into your now very full schedule. Now you’ve got to balance two full-time jobs of being a mom and still earning some money. This has caused many moms to turn to something that is an outlet for the craziness they handle each day, and work-oriented all at the same time: blogging.
Blogging is like journaling, except it’s online and it’s meant to be shared with everyone. Getting started with this can be difficult, so here are six tips new bloggers who are also moms.
1. Find time to rest your body and mind: We know, this seems like a really funny statement. Moms are often the least rested out of everyone, and finding time for rest on a busy day can seem nigh impossible. However, you’ll want to be as sharp as you can when you blog, so avoiding a fuzzy brain from lack of sleep is key. You’ll want to make sure that your bed is extra comfy to help promote a better night’s sleep too. Also, keep in mind that blogging is a lot of mental work that’s dependent on you staring at a screen for long periods. Remember to give your eyes rest so that you’re taking proper care of them by not staring at your computer for hours on end.
2. Take a look at the financial side: Many times, moms don’t begin blogging for the money. They blog as a creative outlet to share the highs and lows of mom life with other moms and readers alike. However, blogging can be an awesome source of income! Many sites will pay you for your time to review different products and services. All you have to do is write about it. Also looking at your financial health can give you an idea if you need to start incorporating money making into your blog. And if blogging simply doesn’t seem to be enough at the moment, there are a slew of personal loans available online to help out too.
3. Remember to take a blogging break: Get out and play with the kids that you’re blogging about. This is especially helpful for new content. Especially during the warmer weather, playgrounds are a perfect destination for some outside time not too far from home. Even better, try tackling the adventure of putting together a playground or play area at home. Just make sure that whether it’s a trampoline or play equipment that you have a safe surface to play on for all of the fun you’ll be having. In addition to a blogging break, consider taking a “you” break. Blogging is a social thing that’s perfect for social people, but sometimes it’s better to get out and go talk to physical people. Taking a break, just a small one, from your mom responsibilities can be great for rejuvenation. Going out to dinner or seeing how good your luck is can be a fun adventure to experience. Whether it goes well or not, you’re bound to have additional content to share.
4. Find a good website hosting provider: With everyone being online, it’s created a demand for quality web hosting so that blogs and websites can be accessed. Make sure that you shop around and find which web hosting provider is perfect to support your blog.
5. Find the perfect blog spot: Usually, with younger kids, the perfect blog spot will be limited to your office at home. Or a chair in the living room that doubles as your office so you can keep an eye on the kids. However, as the kids get older, your opportunities expand for blog spots. Finding the perfect piece of real estate, whether it’s the local library or your favorite coffee shop can help promote a perfect atmosphere for writing.
6. Don’t be afraid of new things: As you begin to blog and continue to blog, don’t be afraid of learning new things. New tools and information will pop up that could make your blogging career much easier. As a blogging mom, take any help that comes your way. Don’t get too bogged down in trying to do it all on your own.
Blogging is such a fun new way to share news and connect with fellow humans. It can be hard to connect and remember that you used to be, and still are, someone besides “mom” when your first name just seems to be mom nearly all of the time. Blogging can help you reconnect with the outside world, and make a bit of money too. Even better, blogging as a mom means you’ll never be short on content with the endless adventures of mom-hood.