Hello y’all! I know it’s been forever since I last posted, but house hunting has been taking up more time than I expected! Good news is, I found a great new place and the contract has already been signed :D Bad news, the loan approval process is a pain in the butt D: Will post more details when everything gets settled!
I’ve been meaning to do a post on my fall fashion essentials way back in September, but better late than never, right?
Marshall’s was kind enough to send me a $100 giftcard so I can checkout the styles they have in store this fall. For those of you that haven’t heard of Marshall’s, it’s a discount chain that offers brand name fashion, accessories, and home decor at affordable prices. Even before they sent me the giftcard, I was shopping there regularly[1. LOVE their home decor section!] because the value you get is such fantastic.
This fall I definitely wanted to experiment with color and fabric. I usually prefer neutrals and light colors, which are great, but can get boring:
- I decided to pick up a pair bold red of Guess heels to add some oomph to my look :) It’s the exact same pair in those photos, but I got mine for $23.
- Leather jackets are a must. They add edge, define your shape, and they’re surprisingly warm! I scored a similar jacket for only $50!
- I also picked up a couple fun tops, like the sequined one in the photo. It brings fun and dimension to an otherwise flat outfit, and only for $12 each.
- Orange is big for the fall, and if you don’t want to wear orange tops or pants, accessorize with an orange bag instead. If you’re lucky, you can find a couple of Michael Kors bags in Marshall’s for half the price!
- Though I usually wear silver jewelry, gold is the way to go this fall! It compliments richer, jewel-toned colors better than silver.
So there you go, I was able to put together an entire outfit for under $100, courtesy of Marshall’s :) They were also generous enough to send me another $100, which I’ll be giving away to one of you guys!
Giveaway details & rules
- This giveaway is for a $100 Marshall’s giftcard
- open to US readers only[2. The giftcard is only valid at Marshall's in the US :(]
- from 10/31/2012 to 12/01/2012
- must be 18 or older or have parent’s consent to give me your address when you win
- fraudulent entries will be disqualified - NO Blogs/Twitter accounts created solely for giveaway purposes!
- Leave a comment about your fall fashion essentials and what you’d buy with the giftcard
Hope everyone has a great Halloween, and for those of you in areas still affected by Sandy, stay safe!